Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ugh!


Things are not proceeding as we had hoped. The birthmom has not signed the paperwork relinquishing her parental rights. Makes me so sad! There was a judicial review hearing yesterday and the judge has increased her requirements to get him back, things she has said in the past she won't do. She said in court she is considering the adoption but isn't ready to sign yet. The judge did add adoption as a concurrent case plan goal. We go back in March for the next hearing. She has so much to try and accomplish. I did appreciate that the judge remembered her from her last time in his courtroom for two of her other children, means he knows her history. So now we just wait and pray for something to happen. I am feeling used and abused by her at this point but can understand and appreciate how seriously she is taking this. I had a crazy phone converstation with her the other day and decided she really doesn't understand adoption. She doesn't want us to change his name (even his last name), wants weekly visits forever, and wants to stay "Mom" and I be something else. I also realized how mental illness doesn't allow a person to see things clearly as she kept saying the most bizarre things to me. We cannot agree to her conditions as she is looking for permanent guardians or foster parents for him not and adoptive family. She just doesn't want to do the very long list of things the judge is requiring of her. It is all heartbreaking. I am leaving it in God's hands, where it needs to be. Please pray for Angelo to have a happy, well adjust life in spite of all of this. We love him and will care for him as long as we can.

No comments: