Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day two....

Today went better than yesterday but then again John went to school from 8:00-1:45 and Don came home at 4:00 and Brynn was home by dinner time. Oliver got his nap in today which was huge for him because he is such a sleeper. John is almost two years older and can do without a nap much easier. Elizbath is not a napper or a least I cannot figure it out. I guess I have been fortunate to get a 30 minute one out of her once during the day.

The mom is interesting. Sadly she isn't very educated and has no idea how to be an advocate or active parent to her kids. There is an older brother that lives with the maternal grandparents. E needs to get some help medically and Mom has no idea how to do it or that it really needs done. The kids' guardian ad litem and I are going to work together and get it done and help Mom to learn how to be her daughter's advocate. If you can't fight the system you might as well try and help the kids get better parents out of it.

Oliver and I had some time alone today which was nice and having two kids most of the day was better. I was proud of myself this morning when I had three kids fed, dressed with teeth brushed at 7:30 this morning including a nebulizer treatment! There is hope for me yet!

I ran out while E was at therapy today and got John shoes that fit, socks, underwear and a pair of clearance jeans. He proudly showed it all to Don and Brynn tonight at separate times. He is so excited about it....we picked out tomorrows outfit which also was a shirt with the tags on it (Target clearance that I bought for O), new socks, new shoes, etc. He cannot believe he has Lightning McQueen underwear. Just breaks my heart, I will never think of a new pair of shoes the same again in my life. His mom is going on a field trip with his class on Thursday and he is already planning what to wear for his mom to see. I know it gave Brynn and Don some perspective today too.

Okay, the cute thing is....John is taking to Brynn! He came and took her hand tonight and asked her to play trains and to read him a bedtime story. I know my daughter's heart will be forever changed by this one little boy. Oliver sure did! They also packed up his "old" clothes in his suitcase together to save for when he goes home. I will be sure to send him home with lots of his "new" stuff too! I did keep a couple of his things for home in the mix but most were not things I would let Oliver play in the dirt in:(

2 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Oh, Tanya -- my heart is so full for you and for these children --
One of the reasons I was always drawn to the idea of foster care for "someday" is that opportunity to help someone else figure out how NOT to lose their children permanently into the system...and how to help them educate themselves on how to actively parent their children (if they so chose to)...you are going to change the lives of so many, while enriching yours so much more than it already is... PS - yes, I am so impressed BTW with the 7:30... sadly i can't even swing that for 1 kid right now, but we've never pushed it, either! :)

Kris said...

Tanya, you guys are truly amazing and how sweet are these little ones. I know you will give them all the love and support they have been needing and wanting. You have my thoughts and prayers and whatever you need, just let me know!!
I look forward to following you on this journey.